Food Safety QQI Level 5: Implementing Food Safety Management Systems
QQI Award Level 5
The aim of the programme is to provide learners with the knowledge to implement and review a Food Safety Management System. It also provides the learner with a clearer understanding of the obligations and best practice when implementing a Food Safety Management system.
On completion of this programme, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of legal requirements for food business operators.
- Demonstrate knowledge with significant depth of Biological, Chemical,
- Physical and Allergen Hazards and their causes.
- Demonstrate the skills described by the FSAI Level 3 guidelines.
- Implement and review a Food Safety Management System.
Who should attend:
This programme is suitable for persons in a senior role in the Food, Hospitality, Healthcare and Catering sector i.e. Catering Supervisors, Head Chefs and Management Team.
The core content of the programme contains the following:
- Food Safety Legislation and Standards
- Pre Requisite Programmes
- Hazard (Biological, Chemical, Physical, Allergen) Cause and Prevention
- Best Practice (Delivery/Storage/ Preparation/Cooking/Cooling/Reheating/
Display/Dispatch) FSAI Level 3.
- Implement and Review Food Safety Management Systems
60% – Project
40% – Examination