Designing Food Safety Management Systems
QQI Award Level 6
The aim of the programme is to provide learners with the knowledge to design, implement, review and manage a Food Safety Management System.
On completion of this programme, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the relevant standards and guidelines applicable.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of HACCP Principles and their application.
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of Biological, Chemical, Physical and Allergen hazards and their causes, effects and implications.
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of hazard prevention.
- Demonstrate the skills required for designing, implementing, managing and reviewing a Food Safety Management System.
Who should attend:
This programme is suitable for Proprietors, Senior Management, Head Chefs, Catering Managers and Quality Controllers.
The core content of the programme contains the following:
- Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessment
- Standards, Guidelines and Legislations
- Distinction between Process Hazard Analysis and Threat Assessment
- Pre Requisite Programmes
- Designing, Implementing, Reviewing and Managing HACCP
60% – Project
40% – Examination