Conducting Food Standards Audits
QQI Award Level 6
The aim of the programme is to provide learners with the knowledge to understand the importance of planning and designing an internal audit programme.
At the end of this programme the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of auditing a food safety management/HACCP system
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor in conducting an effective audit
- Understand the differences between first, second, third and fourth party audits
- Be familiar with the requirements of the BRC Technical Standard, Issue 6, ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System and other relevant Irish standards (IS 340:2007 & IS 341: 2007)
- Design an internal audit programme, understand the importance of planning and learn the life cycle of an audit process
Who should attend:
Experienced food industry managers with strong knowledge of food safety and HACCP who wish to evaluate their own or 3rd party Food Safety Systems.
Written Examination: 50%